While it is possible that the station had a different original purpose, its last role was as a storage facility. Its name and symbol were noted on the blast door map. A notation on the map says that its primary purpose at that time seemed to be storage and restocking for the DHARMA Initiative/Hanso Group. Goodwin also suggested that storage was the station's primary function.
When discovered in 2004, the word "QUARANTINE" was written on the inside of the door. The station still had power and light, but was in an extreme state of decay.
Radzinsky，part of the DHARMA Initiative team stationed at the Swan in the 1990s, seems to have visited the Arrow. Kelvin Inman said that he cut out sections of the Swan orientation film. Those removed sections later were found hidden in a bible that was placed in a box at the Arrow.
The Arrow在815航班墜毀後的第27天被機尾部份的生還者發現(see list of station explorers)It was used temporarily as a shelter. (2x07) Among the occupants were Ana-Lucia, Mr. Eko, Libby, Bernard, Cindy and Goodwin (who was discovered to be an Other and killed shortly after the station's discovery).
The station was largely empty except for several boxes. One box contained a number of interesting items carefully wrapped in cloth.
When Michael, Sawyer and Jin were discovered and captured by the Tailies on day 45 they were later shortly held in the Arrow station (2x04). On day 47 the Tailies and the three middle section survivors moved out of the Arrow station and started their trek across the Island.(2x05)
A large metal box is present in the station. It contained the following items (wrapped in a cloth):
- A glass eye.
- A Bible, which Mr. Eko took. Later it is revealed that it had been used to hide a piece of film, which had been cut out of the Swan Orientation Film. Kelvin said these edits were made by Radzinsky.
- A (two-way) radio, with which Bernard makes contact with Boone, and which the Tailies bring with them on their march to join the other survivors.
- The names of the stations seem to be related to Apollo from Greek mythology. Apollo was a god of archery. One of his symbols was the arrow and bow.
- 如對以下的未解決謎題有任何推論，請到 去討論
- Why was a portion of the tape hidden in the Bible?
- What is the significance of the glass eye?
- What was the role of Horace Goodspeed, shown wearing an Arrow jumpsuit as a "mathematician" at the Arrow station?