|圖片頁面 • 模板頁面|
Annie和Ben在DHARMA學校裡讀書，他們都是Olivia的學生。某天，當他們在學校裡進行一個有關火山的實驗時，兵營被敵人突擊了。Olivia命令Annie去把後門給鎖上，after which Annie guided Ben to safety by bringing him to the perimeter of the classroom. Annie attempted to comfort Ben by telling him that it was "just the Hostiles."
Unlike Roger, Annie remembered Ben's birthday, and presented him with a pair of carved wooden dolls, designed to represent herself and Ben. She gave the girl to Ben and kept the boy, telling Ben that because they each had the other's doll, they would never have to be apart from each other. The doll was a significant gift for Ben, and he kept it with him throughout his adult life. (第3季 第20集)
- Annie is a variant of Ann and Hannah, which are of Hebrew origin, meaning "favored grace". Hannah was the mother of the prophet Samuel. After her marriage Hannah initially seemed to be barren. Later, she asked God to bless her with a child, and her prayer was answered.
- On the DVD commentary track for "" Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse describe Annie and Alexandra as the two most significant women in Ben's life. Annie is described as a character that is going to play a "huge part" in upcoming storylines: "Annie is going to prove to be very significant in Ben's life," and that even the island's volcano will be "slightly less important than Annie, but still seismic."(Season 3 DVD)
- However, in the March 11, 2010 podcast, they said Annie is not central to the show in a literal sense, but she instead was a major part of Ben's life and maturation process (e.g. Juliet being a proxy for her).
- In the same podcast, they also that Annie and her family may have left the Island two years later in 1975 (her appearance being in 1973).
- "Annie" was the first shown alias of Kate, who used it to try to fool Ray Mullen in "Eggtown." In the same episode, Kate's middle name was revealed to be Anne. Kate's full name is Katherine Anne Austen.
- Madeline Carroll also appeared in an Allstate commercial that was played during the broadcast of "" on March 2, 2010.