Charlie Hieronymus Pace 是815航班中段的幸存者。Charlie是摇滚乐队Drive Shaft的贝斯手及创作人。当815航班坠毁的时候，Charlie正在飞机的洗手间里吸食海洛因。Charlie的毒瘾和无法控制的自我怀疑是他人生中最大的障碍。像其他Losties一样，这次事故给Charlie一个全新的开始。在岛上，Charlie和Claire Littleton和她的儿子Aaron关系密切。
Charlie和Liam组成了Drive Shaft乐队，他在他的钢琴上写歌。 (1x07) 有一天乐队赶去一个游艇表演，这天下着大雨，他们一个车胎爆了。Charlie对乐队的前景并不乐观，他们没有获得任何关注，唱片也没有热卖，他想退出乐队。Charlie觉得他们“非常的可笑”。但是突然Roderick打断了他们的对话，因为他们的歌"You All Everybody"在广播里播放了。他们笑起来并且开始庆祝，他们的梦想实现了。 (3x21)
Oceanic 815坠毁的第一个晚上，Charlie在飞机残骸旁徘徊，他留意到Claire Littleton，向她走过去，把自己的毯子递给她，解释说她需要两天毯子来替自己和肚子里的孩子两人保暖。Claire收下毯子，两人开始聊天。Charlie努力聊些轻松的话题，开玩笑问Claire是不是第一次遇到飞机失事，并安慰她他们一定会获救的。Claire的心情变得好起来，两人的关系从此展开。(3x21)
刚开始Charlie is initially thankful, but soon his withdrawal pains cause him to seek out Locke and demand his stash back. Locke tells Charlie that he can ask for his heroin three times, and the last time, Locke will give it back to him. John holds to his promise and when Charlie has his drugs again, he throws them in the fire, beginning a painful journey of withdrawal. On the same day, Charlie argues with Jack in the caves and causes one of the caves to collapse, trapping Jack inside. Charlie volunteers to crawl into the cave to save Jack and succeeds. (1x07)
Charlie quickly becomes friends with Claire Littleton, the pregnant survivor he met on the first night. He decides to keep her company and help her out. When half of the survivors move to the caves, Charlie moves with them while Claire stays at the beach. He convinces Claire to move to the caves by bringing her pretend peanut butter, because he knows she loves it. Charlie begins to feel an emotional attraction to her, which blossoms into genuine love.
After Claire has a series of extremely disturbing dreams and is apparently attacked in the middle of the night, Charlie defends her against everyone else, who says she is merely stressed and not in any real danger.
Charlie is correct in believing Claire; the next day Ethan Rom, an Other masquerading as a crash survivor, accosts Charlie and Claire. He attacks and kidnaps Claire and Charlie, dragging them through the jungle. (1x10).
As a warning to the other survivors, Ethan hangs Charlie in the jungle by his neck and leaves him to die. Kate and Jack find his body hanging in the jungle and Jack is able to resuscitate him. Afterward Charlie refuses to describe what happened to him, and the actual events are still unknown.(1x11)
Charlie stops talking, refusing to tell anyone about the events, and temporarily distances himself from the other survivors. Rose helps Charlie come to terms with Claire's kidnapping after she tells him she believes her husband is still alive, even though he was at the tail section when the plane broke apart in the mid-air. (1x12)
As Locke and Boone are returning from a day of digging, Claire suddenly appears, having no recollection of the events after the crash, nor of her friendship with Charlie. He does not tell her what happened to her, or why everybody is staring at her. Claire later finds out, with the help of Shannon. With Claire as willing bait, the survivors capture Ethan and decide to interrogate him. Their plan fails when Charlie murders him by firing six rounds into his chest. (1x15)
Sayid decides to check up on Charlie and tells him that "what happened with Ethan will be with you for the rest of your life". Sayid says that Charlie is not alone and he should not pretend to be. (1x16) Not too long after, Claire goes into labor and gives birth to a healthy boy, named Aaron (1x20).
A couple of days after, Danielle Rousseau shows up at the survivors' camp. She tells them that her daughter, Alex, was taken away from her by the Others many years before. She came to the survivors' camp to warn them that the Others are coming to take Aaron. (1x23)
However, Rousseau turns the tables. She attacks Claire and steals her baby, hoping to exchange him for her missing daughter. Charlie and Sayid go after her, after Charlie promises Claire that he will bring Aaron back. During their chase, Charlie is hurt by one of Danielle's traps. They stop by another plane that crashed on the Island. Sayid reveals to Charlie that there are Virgin Mary statues containing heroin inside the plane. At night, they finally catch up to her and rescued Aaron. Charlie, in anger, told Danielle "you're pathetic," just as Lily said to him. He and Sayid then return to the caves, and Charlie hands Aaron back to a delighted Claire. Their joyful reunion is marred, however, by the reveal of a Virgin Mary statue in Charlie's pack. (1x24)
在舱门被打开以后，Charlie觉得自己像一个“局外人（out of the loop）”，甚至连Hurly也没有告诉他事情的发展情况。Charlie尾随着Locke想得到一些信息，却被发现了。Locke把Desmond、天鹅站，电脑的事情都告诉了Charlie，他还告诉Charlie，Hurly负责管理食物。Charlie立即找到了Hurly，问他要一些在天鹅站里发现的花生酱。Hurly婉拒了，Charlie接着质问Hurly他们是不是朋友。最后，Hurly下了决心，给了Charlie一罐花生酱，Charlie很高兴地和Claire一起分掉了。(2x04)
Sayid成了Charlie新的“老师”和朋友。Sayid抓到了一个叫Henry Gale的男人，Sayid把他带到了天鹅站审问，他相信Ben是the Others中的一员。虽然Sayid十分确信，但是Jack和Locke并不赞同他。在审问期间，Sayid对Charlie说，别的幸存者已经忘了Others是怎么对待他们的──Others绑架过Claire，并且把Charlie吊在树上。他问Charlie他是是否也忘记了，这个问题让Charlie和Sayid更接近了。(2x14)就在Charlie帮助Sayid修建起居室的时候，Ana Lucia过来并告诉Sayid那个被关在舱里面的人画了一张指向他那个气球的地图 —— 一个可以证明他不是“The Others”其中一员的证据。在他们步行去岛的另一边找寻那个证据的路上，Ana-Lucia发现Charlie带着一支从Sawyer哪里偷来的枪。她建议他应该将那支枪交给那些懂得如何用枪的人。 但满心不满的Charlie回答说，他只记得上一次她拿到了一支枪就杀死了某人(Shannon)。他决定把那支枪交给Sayid，旅途继续了。(2x16)
他们最后终于到达了Henry所说的那个有他的气球和埋葬着他妻子的丛林。Sayid决定将这篇区域分成三个区域，每人查看一个。(2x16) 经过三小时的一无所获，Sayid开始责骂Ana-Lucia居然相信Henry并且给予了他两天的时间去计划逃跑。突然，Charlie发现了一个坟墓并且喊他们来看。就在他们检查这个坟墓的时候，Ana-Lucia发现别的地方都在下雨，唯独在这个坟墓附近没有下。于是，他们抬起头，就看到了Henry的气球就挂在树上。(2x17)教堂。(2x18)可是，一天晚上Eko突然醒来并且拿着他的木棍从营地中消失了，直到第二天才出现。(2x21) 第二天的早晨，Charlie将一个他在supply drop发现装有DHARMA疫苗的小箱子交给了Claire，给她和她的孩子。就在他正要问她是否可以原谅他的时候，在两周前私自离开去找Walt的Micheal突然出现了。(2x22)
Charlie见证着Desmond在他的帆船上的回归。第二天，Charlie看到Locke在丛林中哭泣，他将Desmond回来的消息告诉了Locke。 就在Locke得到了Desmond的帮助将Swan反锁上使Eko无法入内之后，Eko乞求Charlie的帮助并声称如果Charlie拒绝的话，岛上所有的人都会在90分钟之后死光。Charlie同意了帮助他并且把Eko带到Hurley用来收藏从Template:Link带回来的炸药的地方。 (2x23)
在Swan里面，Charlie试图与Locke谈论一下关于Locke打算将倒计时器倒数到零的打算，并且告知他Eko现在非常烦躁并且打算将舱门炸开。然后Charlie试图让Eko冷静并且停止下来，但是他的话被忽略了。 就在Eko点燃导火线时，Charlie逃得不够快，一个火球几乎将他炸死了。Charlie从死亡边缘醒过来，只发现了Swan已经处于系统错误模式。他看到Desmond在找他的防故障装置钥匙，Desmond劝Charlie快点逃离DHARMA舱。于是Charlie开始逃走并且打算将Eko从混乱中拯救出来，但是Eko拒绝离开并且要求Charlie快点走。 (2x23)
Season 3 (Days 69-93)编辑
The next day, Desmond ominously asked Claire to move out of her tent and to go down the beach for a while so he could fix her roof. Having been turned down, Desmond constructed a lightning rod with a golf club at its top near her tent. A rainstorm began to fall, breaking Claire's roof. Charlie ran in and sheltered her and the baby. Just then, lighting struck the rod. Charlie first looked around in shock, but then stared confused at Desmond. (3x04)
When Sayid returned to the camp, Charlie and Hurley brought him to the injured Eko. When Eko's tent mysteriously burst into flames, Charlie and Hurley dragged him outside and rested him on the beach. They turned their backs for a moment, and then Eko ran off into the jungle. They tried to find him the next day, but were unsuccessful. (3x05)
A couple days later, Charlie and Hurley were distributing the contents of Sawyer's stash to the other survivors, when Desmond ominously told both to come with him into the jungle. There, they met Locke and Sayid who informed them of Mr. Eko's death at the 'hands' of the Monster. Locke said that people would come to them after he broke the news and that it would be their job to keep the other survivors calm. (3x08)
Right then, Desmond started to look around wildly, and he ran off to the beach while the other four followed him. He dove into the water and rescued a drowning Claire. Charlie tried to help, but Desmond shoved him out of the way and took Claire back to her tent. Charlie did not understand how Desmond knew about Claire's drowning, but Hurley told him that in his opinion Desmond can see the future. (3x08)
After partying into the night with Desmond, they began to ask him how he saved Claire from the lightning and from drowning. Desmond stubbornly avoided the questions and walked away. Frustrated, Charlie shouted after him, calling him a coward. Desmond immediately turned around and tackled him, screaming he does not want to know what happened to him after he turned the key. Hurley pulled him off and they disappointedly brought Desmond back to his tent. (3x08)
Charlie and Desmond apologized to each other, and Charlie asked Desmond one more time what happened. Desmond told Charlie that he constructed the lighting rod to save Charlie from being electrocuted and that he jumped into the ocean to save Charlie, not Claire (as Charlie drowned trying to save Claire in Desmond's initial vision), and he believed Charlie's imminent demise is a foregone conclusion. (3x08)
In the next couple days, Charlie fell into a deep depression about his fate. Hurley, seeing the trouble that Charlie was in, made several attempts to snap him out of it, the first several of which failed. (3x10)
When Hurley found the DHARMA van in the jungle, he attempted to convince Charlie and several other survivors to join him in fixing it, but only Jin came with him at first and Sawyer, bribed by an offer of beer, joined them later. Charlie seemed inconsolable until he saw how hopeful Hurley was. He decided to go with him, and test fate. (3x10)
Charlie, Jin, Sawyer and Hurley pushed the van to the edge of a dangerously steep cliff. Hurley proposed to jump start the van by rolling it down the hill, and Charlie joined him in the passenger's seat. Just as it seemed they were going to crash into a pile of large rocks, Hurley succeeded in re-starting the car. Charlie and Hurley celebrated joyously and Jin, Sawyer and Vincent joined the duo in riding around in the van. Charlie went back to camp and rejoined Claire. (3x10)
Two days later, Charlie prepared an elaborate romantic day with Claire. He had Sun and Jin watch Aaron while the pair had a beachside picnic. Just as they were about to begin, however, Desmond ran over and not-so-subtly tried to get Charlie away from Claire so they could talk. Conveniently, Claire then got the idea to catch seagulls and attach a distress message to them. Desmond took Charlie aside and told him that if Charlie helped Claire, he would die.
This understandably shook up Charlie, who then made excuses to not take part in Claire's plan. At first, Claire was hurt and shocked at Charlie's odd behavior, but then she became suspicious of he and Desmond's conversations and hunted down Desmond to force him to tell her the truth.
Once Claire understood, she went back to Charlie and apologized for their fight. She told him that she would take care of him and that they would go through the ordeal together. Later that day, the two attached the note Claire had written to the seagull and released it. (3x12)
Later, Charlie was involved in trying to find out what happened to Nikki and Paulo when they were bitten by medusa spiders and paralyzed. He, Sawyer, Jin, Sun and Hurley gathered evidence to learn what supposedly killed them. Sun mentions that the Others might be involved, since they were the ones who attacked her. Charlie obviously feels guilty and he admits to her that he was the one who attacked her and that Sawyer planned it. He was later seen at Nikki and Paulo's funeral. (3x14)
The next few days passed peacefully for Charlie. He spent lots of time with Claire, and even started to compose music again. However, he received a shock when he found Claire deathly ill in her tent. He cared for Aaron and looked after her. When Juliet helped her recover, Charlie was overjoyed. (3x16)
Later, Charlie was writing songs in a notebook from the Pearl when Desmond recruited him for a mission, claiming it was a camping trip. Charlie, however, suspected it was related to his flashes. Charlie accompanied Desmond, Hurley and Jin on the trip across the Island. Desmond revealed that he has experienced a vision in which someone arrives on the Island and the four set out to find and help this person. While at the cable on the beach, they witness the crash of a helicopter in the ocean and then notice the beacon from a parachutist. The four head inland, following the beacon. Desmond did not reveal that his vision also included Charlie's death from an arrow to the neck (presumably one of Rousseau's traps). At the last minute, Desmond warns Charlie and pushes him out of the way, saving his life once again. Charlie realizes that Desmond knew this would happen and confronts him about it. Desmond angrily retorted that he keeps saving Charlie's life, but that it is pointless for him to do so, leaving Charlie stunned as Jin locates the mysterious parachutist. (3x17)
Charlie, Hurley, and Jin held open the parachute as Desmond cut her free. They caught her, and discovered that she was alive. However, they also discovered that she had been impaled by a tree branch on her way down, and that she would die very quickly if she didn't receive medical aid. With the aid of the newly-discovered Mikhail, they manage to stabilize her. (3x18)
Not trusting that Jack isn't working with the Others Desmond persuades Jin, Hurley and Charlie to keep Naomi's presence in the camp a secret but it soon comes out, first to Kate, then finally to Jack. (3x19)
While Jack explains his plans to combat the others Charlie notices Desmond showing signs of having had a vision. At first Desmond denies it but later tells him that the vision shows Claire and Aaron getting on board a helicopter but that Charlie will have to die for this to happen. Later, when Juliet tells the castaways about the Looking Glass Station, Desmond tells Charlie that he goes into the station, throws a switch and then drowns after which Charlie volunteers to swim into the station. He begins compiling a list of the five happiest moments of his life.
As the castaways prepare their trap for the Others and to leave for the radio tower Desmond and Charlie take Alexandra's canoe and follow the cable to the station. After Charlie gives his list to Desmond, the Scotsman volunteers to take Charlie's place. Charlie seems to accept at first but then knocks him out with an oar.
When he dives down and finds the moon pool opening into the station he emerges to find the station hasn't been flooded after all. Gasping for air he yells in delight at being alive only to be confronted by Greta and Bonnie. (3x21)
The two women interrogate him, and he revealed that Juliet told the survivors about the station. Mikhail is sent to the station, and chases Desmond into the water before entering. Ben then gives Mikhail orders to kill Charlie and the women. He shot and killed Greta, then wounded Bonnie. Desmond emerged and shot Mikhail. Charlie insisted they need Bonnie alive to give them the code for the jamming equipment. She did and Charlie enters it, ending the jamming. The code was the Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations" because the Looking Glass was programmed by a musician, according to Bonnie.
Almost immediately, there is a communication from Penny, who talks briefly with Charlie. When Charlie asks if she's on the freighter, she states, "I'm not on a boat. Who's Naomi?" He starts to yell for Desmond but sees Mikhail (alive) outside the window of The Looking Glass with a grenade. As Charlie hears Desmond running to talk to Penny, he believes that to save Desmond from the grenade, Charlie must shut himself in and lock Desmond out. In doing so, he seals himself in the equipment room, thus saving Desmond from the explosion and preventing the whole station from flooding.
With Desmond looking into the room, Charlie wrote "Not Penny's Boat" on his hand, and showed it to Desmond. Charlie's last act is to make the sign of the cross before he drowns, fulfilling Desmond's vision. (3x22)
Charlie's Drive Shaft CD was seen in the Clue Hunt.
- Charlie was the second character to have a flashback, and the fifth character to have a flashback episode (after Kate, Locke, Jack, and Sun).
- Charlie's episode count so far is 58. He was killed on his 57th episode appearance.
- In the final moments of the first two Season Finales, Claire reconciling with Charlie is shown.
- Claire and Charlie were the last two main characters to be seen in Season 2.
- This is also shown in the next-to-last episode of Season 3, sealed with a kiss and the last time they see each other; though it is not in the final moments, it is near the end of the episode. This is also the last episode in season 3 to feature flashbacks, so in many ways is more similar to the other two season finales than "Through the Looking Glass", which could be a watershed episode in the format of the show and mark a new beginning.
- According to Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof, the character of Charlie is an homage to Larry Underwood, a character in Stephen King’s novel The Stand. 
- Larry Underwood also risks his life to save the world after kicking drugs.
- Charlie was the eighth main character to be killed.
- Charlie wears a ring with the initials "D.S." on the middle finger of his right hand. Initially thought to be a Drive Shaft ring since he pointed to it in the pilot while telling Kate that he's a member, the ring is actually a family heirloom, as revealed in 第3季 第21集 . The initials stand for Dexter Stratton.
- During Charlie's heroin scenes actor Dominic Monaghan is actually snorting brown sugar.
- In the episode 第1季 第7集 , in which Charlie breaks his addiction, his shirt changes. In previous episodes, Charlie is wearing a striped shirt reminiscent of prison garb.
- The actor, Dominic Monaghan, has a tattoo on his left shoulder that reads Living is Easy with Eyes Closed, which is a lyric from The Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever". This tattoo has become an apparent part of Charlie's character, as well.
- The lyrics which follow this line are Misunderstanding all you see, and later, Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about. These lyrics are symbolic of the experience of the Lost survivors, and of Charlie in particular.
- Once, when asked to count, in 第1季 第10集 , Charlie uses "sugarplum fairy" in lieu of "one-mississippi, two-mississippi, three-mississippi", et cetera since he's not American. This is a common usage for English children. An example can be heard in the Beatles song called "A Day in a Life" where John Lennon counts in with "one, two, sugar-plum-fairy, sugar-plum-fairy". This version of the song is not heard on the album release, but can now be heard on the 1996 release The Beatles Anthology which features previously unheard versions of many Beatles songs.
- Charlie changed the word from "LATE" to "FATE" on bandages around his fingers.
- Charlie is a fan of The Kinks.
- The Kinks song, "He's Evil" was sung by Charlie while he was fishing with Jin, in the episode 第2季 第10集 .
- The band happens to have recorded a song called "The Big Black Smoke." The lyrics in this song have some similarities to the things that have happened on the Island, such as "the Monster" that often appears as black smoke and tries to drag someone down.
- Charlie's middle name is Hieronymus. Hieronymus is the Latin version of Jerome, which is Greek for "sacred name".
- He had never heard of Geronimo Jackson.
- Charlie has a fear of bees.
- One of the first things Charlie does when he arrives on the island is write "FATE" on strips of tape around his fingers. The last thing he does on the island before he drowns is make the sign of the cross. The last thing he does before that is write "Not Penny's boat" on his hand and hold it up to the window for Desmond to see.
- Charlie was the only person who could have turned off the radio jammer after Bonnie was incapacitated, because he was a musician, was familiar with the Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" (probably played it a few times during his street musician days), and could quickly figure out the notes corresponding to a 16-tone keypad. Sun was also a musician, but might not have been familiar with Beach Boys' music. This might explain why Ben is so angry and surprised when he is told Charlie is in the Looking Glass, sends Mikhail to kill everyone there, and seems to change to his plans instantly by deciding to intercept the castaways with Alex.
- In both 第1季 第1集 and 第1季 第2集 Charlie speaks the last words, with a question that leads the episode on a dramatic cliffhanger - "Guys? How does something like that happen?" (1x01) and "Guys? Where are we?" (1x02)
- Charlie is the second character who saved Desmond's life.
- Locke broke down on top of the hatch over Boone's death, giving Desmond hope and resulting in Desmond giving up ideas of suicide
- Charlie died in an effort to prevent the Looking Glass from flooding and killing Desmond
- Charlie's checker-pattern shoe is or was on display at the ABC Commissary at the Disney-MGM Studio theme park in Orlando, FL
- In Hurley's vision (post-island) Hurley sees Charlie by the "Ho Ho's." Also when Jack and Hurley are playing "H-O-R-S-E" Jack gets to "H-O" and then ends. "H" is the 8th letter in the alphabet and "O" is the 15th. Which links back to the numbers 8 and 15 and also the flight number 815.
- Charlie's brother, Liam leads their band, Drive Shaft. In Flashes Before Your Eyes, Charlie is on the sidewalk singing Oasis' "Wonderwall." Oasis' lead singer and backup vocalist are brothers; the older brother/lead singer's name is Liam.
- Charlie's appearance when he visits Hurley in the flashforward is very reminiscient of Tyler Durden's appearance when he returns to The Narrator in Fight Club. They both have shaved heads, fashionable clothes and large sunglasses.
- 在第1季 第1集 中，当Gary Troup被飞机旋转涡轮的强大吸引力吸进涡轮中引爆飞机残骸时，Charlie正站在涡轮的附近。同一集内几分钟后，当机翼断掉导致燃烧的飞机残骸落在地上时，残骸着地点正在Charlie的正后方。
- 在第1季 第2集 中Charlie的闪前片段中，他躲在飞机前端贵宾仓的洗手间内躲避乘务员对他持有的海洛因的搜索。Charlie原来的座位是29C(参见 Flight 815 seat numbers)，如果他没有离开座位躲到前面，当机尾断开时肯定飞出机舱了。后来当他从洗手间出来找空位坐下的时候，显然他做到了中舱某处，因此又避免了前舱Front section乘客的厄运。
- 在第1季 第6集 中Charlie一不小心踩上了蜂巢。
- 在第1季 第7集 中，Charlie差一点和Jack一起困在了坍塌的洞里。后来他回去救Jack时，两人又同时被困在里面，就在氧气快要用完的瞬间，Charlie找到了脱困的办法。
- 在第1季 第11集 中，Ethan把Charlie吊在树上，Jack救活了奄奄一息的Charlie。
- 在第1季 第18集 中，Charlie跟随Hurley走过摇摇欲坠的木桥索道，索道轰然断裂，Charlie险险抓住绳索幸免遇难。
- 在第1季 第21集 中，在去救Claire的孩子Aaron途中，Charlie陷入Rousseau的圈套，被石头砸中。
- 在第2季 第10集 中，当Eko第一次和黑烟怪兽面对面时，Charlie就在Eko的旁边。
- 在第2季 第23集 中，Charlie有2次差点死在天鹅舱。第一次炸药爆炸时他在舱口，第二次Desmond转动安全钥匙时他在舱内。
- 如對以下的未解決謎題有任何推論，請到 去討論
|主要描写剧集||第1季 第2集 • 第1季 第7集 • 第1季 第15集 • 第1季 第24集 • 第2季 第12集 • 第3季 第21集 |
|闪回角色||British priest • Buyer • Boone Carlyle • Cindy Chandler • Charlie's groupies • Commercial director • Francis Heatherton • Lucy Heatherton • Noor "Nadia" Abed Jazeem • JD • Lily • Claire Littleton • Rose Nadler • Karen Pace • Liam Pace • Megan Pace (child) • Megan Pace (mother) • Simon Pace • Roderick • Shannon Rutherford • Jack Shephard • Dexter Stratton • Tommy • Unnamed Drive Shaft member|
|物品||D.S. 戒指 • Greatest Hits list • 吉他 • 花生酱 • 钢琴 • Voltron|
|参见: Main Characters|