- What was the purpose of the Swan?
- What was the cause of the electromagnetic buildup?
- In the late 1970's, the DHARMA Initiative drilled into a pocket of electromagnetic energy which was released. This was referred to by DHARMA as the Incident. The survivors of Oceanic 815, who had traveled to the past, attempted to stop the incident by detonating a hydrogen bomb. Their attempt failed, and it is unclear whether they in fact caused the Incident. ("The Incident, Part 1")
- What is the failsafe?
- The failsafe was a key that could be turned in order to cause the self-destruction of the Swan. Doing so was considered dangerous and unpredictable, as the failsafe could only be activated from directly underneath the station. ("Live Together, Die Alone")
- What happens when the failsafe is turned?
- Who is Marvin Candle?
- Who is Radzinsky?