Before the Island编辑
Neil was mentioned as being among the volunteers who tried to help Bernard build the S.O.S sign. He soon lost interest however, and abandoned him. (2x19) Neil had an infatuation with Libby, one of the tail section survivors. He threatened to Hurley that he was going to take her away from him, but backed down when learning of Hurley's date with her. (mx02)
Neil is said to have joined Jack's group due to his dislike of Hurley, who was in Locke's group. (Official Lost Podcast/April 19, 2008) Neil was on Daniel Faraday's second trip to the Kahana. The zodiac raft did not reach its destination, as the freighter was destroyed beforehand. Neil and the rest of his companions on the raft were moved along with the Island.
After the Island moved, Neil, on the Zodiac raft with Daniel Faraday, returns to the island to reunite with his fellow survivors as they try to find out what happened. (5x01) Soon afterward, Neil got into a heated argument with several of his survivors over making fire, which he claimed was futile. It appears Neil never had a good relationship with the other survivors. As time passed, tensions escalated and Neil began to personally insult his fellow survivors, calling Sawyer "inbred" and criticizing Bernard's inability to make fire. As he said this, he was struck by a flaming arrow shot by the Others in 1954, which launched the fire arrow attack. Neil stumbled around for several moments, screaming in agony before being felled by another volley of arrows. (5x02)
- Neil "Frogurt" had a very delayed show debut:
- A character named Neil "Frogurt" was first mentioned by Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof in the April 3rd, 2006 Official Lost Podcast as one of the yet-unidentified survivors who would soon become more "interesting."
- On the show, Frogurt was mentioned for the first time in the season 2 episode "", but remained unseen.
- Following that, Neil became somewhat of a running joke with the producers, and many fans wondered if he was real. He earned the nickname "The Frozen One" by Lost fans.
- More than a year later, the promise that Neil would be seen was repeated on July 26, 2007 at the San Diego Comic-Con 2007 panel.
- Frogurt was finally first seen in the Missing Pieces mobisode "".
- His first appearance in the main show was more than a year later, in the season 5 episode "". He died in the subsequent episode, "".
- Although Neil is one of the survivors that were with Daniel Faraday on the Zodiac raft when the island moved, Sean Whalen did not appear in "第4季 第13集". The character wearing a red shirt is played by a background extra whose face is obscured by another survivor.
- Neil's actual family name is not yet confirmed. "Frogurt" is merely an occupational nickname, and when anyone calls him that, he corrects that with "Neil". (2x19) (mx02) (5x02)
- When Sawyer picked up a red shirt and asked "Whose shirt is this?", Neil responded that it was his, foreshadowing his own death as Boone explained in Season 1 (1x11) that "red shirts" were always the ones which were killed on missions in the television show "Star Trek".
- Subtitles on the season four DVD spell his name as "Neal".
- Neil shows some kind of dislike of Sawyer.
- Supervising producer Edward Kitsis was the one credited with giving the audience an idea as to who Neil "Frogurt" was in the past life.
- Stunt man Kim Koscki played Neil lit on fire.
- Greg Grunberg, J.J. Abrams' childhood friend who played Seth Norris in "", actually started and ran a successful frozen yogurt business.
- The word "frogurt" is well known in popular culture via a Halloween episode of The Simpsons in which Homer is persuaded to buy a cursed doll because "it comes with a free frogurt! (the frogurt is also cursed)".
- "" reunites Sean Whalen with Jeremy Davies onscreen. They previously costarred in Twister.